Saturday, February 9, 2008

Day 1 of the Master Cleanse Diet

Well, we're at the end of day 1. 10% done! Today wasn't as bad as I was expecting, to be honest. I woke up a few hours early since I read the salt water flush can be a pretty brutal experience. I was a bit surprised, I've read a couple other people's experiences and they talk of waking up with pain from the tea, and I really didn't have anything of the sort.

Anyways, back to the salt water, it's a bit hard to get down at first, due to it being quite saline, but if you just drink it in small amounts, it's not that bad. I won't go into the hideous details of the flush, or anything of this diet, there's websites for that sort of stuff, lol, but just know that there's a decent amount of time during your first day spent "cleansing" if you catch my drift. Because of this, I do recommend trying to start this cleanse on a day where you don't work, just save yourself the awkward looks on your way back to your desk with a bottle of lemonade with flakes of cayenne pepper, only to be headed right back to whence you came 10 minutes later.

The lemonade is actually quite refreshing, the cayenne adds a pleasant kick to it. the original recipe by Burroughs says to add cayenne "to taste", and I like cayenne on pretty much everything, so we'll up the dosage tomorrow and see how that goes. As far as hunger, I'm not really feeling it too bad, I mean, I want to eat, but I just grab my trusty bottle of lemonade and I'm OK again, hopefully this continues for the rest of the cleanse. I'm already through my tea for the evening, and getting ready for bed, talk to everyone tomorrow!

No comments: